Support the 17th Annual Save Our Homes Walk
VIRTUAL WALK: Sunday, June 14, 2020
As a result of COVID-19 Our Walk is now VIRTUAL!
The fundraising must go on as the need for housing support is greater than ever! Our friends and neighbors have lost jobs and are struggling with illness and other challenges on an unprecedented scale.
Although there is an eviction moratorium currently, that does NOT mean tenants do NOT owe rent.
Many of our Somerville residents are not eligible for unemployment, SNAP or other assistance due to immigration status, and many in our community, will face eviction when the moratorium ends unless we help. Existing rental assistance funds are being depleted at a rapid rate as the need grows so this is where YOUR fundraising counts!
Can you help to reach our goal of $40,000 for emergency rental assistance?
I’m in, where do I sign up?
- There is no registration, no fees, just use the link below and either click:
- Virtual Walk for Somerville
- Donate to give a one off donation/sponsorship or
- Join and then either join a team or create your own team and fundraising page
- Alternatively you can print off this pledge form and collect money before your walk (details on where to send your cash and check donations are on this form)
Where will my money/sponsorship go?
All donations registered through this link will be used SOLELY FOR SOMERVILLE RESIDENTS needing rental assistance as our economy begins to open up
What happens on the 14th June?
- Choose a good time to walk on the day
- Either use the Save our Homes Walk route map or be creative and design your own course!
- Don’t forget to time yourself and take pictures to share with your family and friends who have sponsored your walk
- Tag us on social media Facebook and Instagram
About the Organizers
The annual Save Our Homes Walk is organized by the Save Our Homes Walk Coalition, which is a coalition to prevent homelessness organized by the City of Somerville Office of Housing Stability (OHS), Somerville Community Corporation (SCC), Community Action Agency of Somerville (CAAS), Cambridge and Somerville Legal Services (CSLS), and Somerville Homeless Coalition (SHC).
Somerville – let’s do this!
Have a great walk!